This week in class we discussed the pros and cons of online learning vs. face-to-face learning. Personally, I find that face-to-face learning is much more beneficial to my learning, however I believe that all of our profs have done an amazing job accommodating for all of us students and our varied situations.

There are some benefits to learning online, but personally I feel as thought the main advantage to it is that the material is accessible to us no matter where we are staying. I have found it extremely nice to be able to complete my school work and still have time to spend with my family. I think that on the other-hand online learning is also a bit of a bummer. Especially as an education student where a lot of our classes are hands-on and interactive. One of the major adjustments to our classes was PE, due to Covid we are unable to practice PE scenarios and games so instead wee engage in individual challenges or exercises.

In class we also discussed the benefits of asynchronous vs. synchronous courses. All of our courses are a good blend of asynchronous work as well as synchronous. I think that it is super important that people are held accountable for their asynchronous learning in some way, whether that is a quiz or written discussion post (something we do quite frequently)!

I am extremely thankful to be in the education program as we have been offered a ton of support for our online-learning endeavours which have all been extremely helpful along with all of our amazing professors.