This week in class we had the opportunity to engage in a very discussion based class. We discussed in breakout rooms how we see our mentor teachers implementing things into their classrooms, and discussed what technology practices they may be using. I found this really beneficial as I was brought into the idea of using  https://freshgrade.com as a teacher in order to communicate with parents, and help to hold the students responsible for their work done within the school system. I don’t believe that fresh grade is used here in the Okanagan, but I am really excited to reach out to the teachers in my school and ask them what they use.

We also took time in our class to cover the concept of coding with kids. We split out into breakout rooms and discussed some of the links to sites that Michael provided to us. I personally spent most of the time discussing Glitch and honestly felt as though it would be used for more advanced students who plan on continuing studies in coding and who want to use coding to help with web sites or video games, etc…. It was interesting to hear at the end of the class other members of my cohorts opinions on the sites, and if they think that they would be beneficial or not!